This section contains resources to support member SACREs in carrying out their work.
Most documents are provided in pdf format.
Those designed to be used as presentations are in pps (PowerPoint Show) format.
The RETool (see SACRE Management), is in Word format.
All documents can be printed.
Click on the links on the left.
Members' area: log in required. Please refer to your SACRE clerk.
NASACRE support materials
- NASACRE Development Plan
- Upcoming vacancy for Treasurer of NASACRE
- A joint statement from NASACRE and AREIAC in response to the advice of Dr Satvinder Juss advice re the High Court ruling on religious education (updated)
- A New Settlement: Religion and Belief in Schools: The Rt Hon Charles Clarke and Prof Linda Woodhead's policy initiative and a briefing paper from NASACRE to support SACREs
- RE Resources: an advice document on selecting resources and providers
- Teaching Islam after the Charlie Hebdo murders and the Hyper Casher hostage deaths: a statement from NASACRE
- Collective Worship Queries
- Guidance on Managing the Right of Withdrawal from Religious Education produced on behalf of WASACRE
- Example withdrawal advice
- Is the system of Agreed Syllabuses collapsing?
- 20+ ideas for SACREs to consider in their meetings
- The writing of an Agreed Syllabus
- Letter to SACREs from Lord Nash
- RE and Academies leaflet
- SACRE chair
- SACRE officers
- Code of conduct
- Dealing with SACRE member issues
- SACRE membership follow up
- Development planning
- Annual Reports – what is necessary and desirable in an annual report?
- SACRE self evaluation tool - UPDATED JULY 2021
Effective SACREs: training and support
- SACRE invitation to new members
- SACRE members' handbook - an updated, expanded version of "So You're Joining Your Local SACRE"
- About SACREs
- Effective SACREs activity
- Good SACRE member activity
- Living out Shared Space
- SACREs and collective worship
- SACREs and religious education
- RE activity
- Agreed syllabus conference
- SACREs and SMSC